Apr 23 2020
To date, our country has reported 144 confirmed cases of the coronavirus. Is there cause for concern?
The largest pool is from the Alorica Call Centre, with 51 confirmed cases from that source. Over 700
persons are employed to this facility and they have all been in contact with family members, friends,
supermarket, markets, taxi operators as well as countless, un-named individuals.
It is imperative at this time that as individuals, we take major steps to prevent further spread of this
dangerous unprecedented disease.
Worldwide, there are 2.1 million cases, 142,184 deaths. 540,656 persons have recovered.
In Jamaica they are 144 confirmed cases, 5 deaths and 21 persons have recovered.
Together we can fight this disease. Let us all:
- Follow the directives from the Ministry of Health and Wellness
- Avoid unnecessary visits to health facilities. If you think you are infected, call ahead before going
- Maintain social distance (at least 3 to 6 feet apart)
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes and nose
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water or alcohol based hand rub
- Wear your mask in crowded areas.
- Boost your immune system, by stocking up on your vitamins, eat fresh fruits and exercise daily.
Stay healthy, stay safe & ‘Tan a yuh yaad!’